Page 3 of 3

Re: 307 Breaknck

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 23:14
by olsén
cybernck wrote:Nice one! :)
same to your car, in the strange stationwagon-way :lol: :P :oops:

Re: 307 Breaknck

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 0:28
by cybernck
With the audio install finished at long last, it was time to turn my attention to exterior and
fit parts I've had laying around for quite some time, but the first job was to get the bodywork
cleaner and shinier by a professional polisher.

Image

Then came a long awaited solution to a "radio controlled car" antenna, in form of a short
OE antenna, part number 6561.QQ, found on various models (607, 807 etc). Fits nicely
and radio reception seems fine, but I don't listen to radio at all, so it doesn't matter to
me either way :).

Image

Someone had stolen my rear wiper blade a long time ago and the wiper arm (6429.T8)
had a lot of play in it, so I bought both parts new. The wiper arm required a bit of persuasion
from an angle grinder to come off though.

Image

As I decided to update the tails lamps to Phase 2, I went for Phase 2 side indicators as well.
6325.G3 - 206 Phase 2 side indicators (x2). Exactly the same as 307 items (6325.G4) but at
half a price. Go figure. Not too visible in daytime, as the bulb is hidden.

Image

Phase 2 tail lamps! Compared to Phase 1 lights, they look much brighter, fresher and more red,
thought with a bit of a "China" look and feel to them. They fit the car straight on, but you need
additional two 5W bulbs, compared to Phase 1 lights.

Image

Exterior mods completed. Not much of a photo, but shows how shiny the car is.

Image

That's it for the bodywork mods, for the time being anyway.


Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: 307 Breaknck

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:18
by Fnatte
How many rims do you go through in a year? ;)
I have the short antenna aswell, but for my car the reception is not good and I only have when showing off :)
I like the headligts, nice contrast to the paintwork.

Re: 307 Breaknck

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 17:20
by cybernck
RSGT are my main ones, the other I just put on when I have them, or during winter.

Having said that, those TSW were on for quite a long time :).

Like I said, I don't listen to radio much, so I don't care about the reception :D.

Re: 307 Breaknck

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 17:31
by Rx37
I really like those headlights. It's rare to see aftermarket stuff like that on a 307 :)